- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Burn candles out of reach of children and pets
- Do not burn candles near anything that could catch fire
- Place burning candles on a heat resistant mat
- Do not place candles in a draught
- Trim the wick to 5mm before each lighting
- When lighting for the first time make sure the wax melts all the way to the edge of the container
- Keep the melted wax pool clear of matches and debris to prevent flaring
- We recommend you do not burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time
- The candle container will be hot after burning – allow to cool completely before handling
- Do not allow the candle to burn right to the very base of the wick – extinguish the flame when there is still a small amount of wax remaining. This prevents the wick moving or the flame causing a potentially hazardous heat build up in a localised region of the container
- Our candles are made from 100% natural wax – you may notice variations such as frosting, cracking or sweating in the wax. This is normal for natural wax and does not effect the performance of the candle
- Replace the candle lid between burns – this protects the candle and wick from dust. Do not use the lid to extinguish the flame – ensure the flame is extinguished before applying the lid
- If you spill any wax, carefully scrape away the excess, then follow with warm soapy water
- Candles made from natural wax react to changes in temperature. We recommend you keep away from direct sunlight and avoid exposure to extreme fluctuations in temperature.
Reed Diffuser Safety
- Remove the lid and insert all the reeds allowing them to absorb the fragrance
- Carefully flip the reeds if necessary – it is better to do this individually, 3 or 4 reeds each time rather than all at once for a longer lasting fragrance
- If the oil spills, clean up immediately as the oil can cause damage to certain surfaces
- Use a mat to protect your surfaces from oil damage
Wax Melts Safety
- For use with a ceramic oil burner only
- Always follow the safety instructions provided with your burner
- Our wax shots are not suitable for use in burners that release steam
- Remove the wax shot from the plastic pot
- Use a knife to carefully cut the wax into smaller pieces depending on the size of your burner – we recommend using a third of the pot
- Keep remelting until all the scent has gone
- Do not melt the plastic pot in the burner
What our customers are saying
"Lovely burn and throw on these candles and no headache which I get from paraffin wax…"
"Couldn’t get them out of the packaging fast enough - they smell divine!"
"The Tobacco & Oak scent is amazing - I gave it to my Dad who’s a complete candle nut and he was so delighted with it! "